Simian 2.3 Now Available with Support for Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, and 10 on 32bit or 64bit platforms!
September 19, 2019
Simian 2.3 LITE
What's New in this version?
(View Comparision with Simian 2.3 PRO)
Simian 2.3 LITE is designed for use by Internet Broadcast professionals.
Take your webcast to the next level using a professional grade automation system.
Features included in the Simian 2.3 LITE program:
• Fully Automated program Log Playback
• Import logs from all major third party log generating applications
• Create logs from within Simian
• Outgoing serial communications (output metadata via COM port to your favorite streaming hardware)
• Configurable pass-through mixer
• Voice Tracking function for voice-overs
• Event Logging to track played items
• 39 available Automation Macros
• Improved CHAIN macro
• Output song and title data directly to your streaming application via HTTP calls
• Built-in metadata formats for popular streaming encoders (includes WME, IceCast, ShoutCast, SimpleCast)
• PASSIVE mode supported by FTP macro
• Metadata (PAD) output via TCP and/or UDP packets
• Data merge 2 user-created HTML or other text based files (Real-Time Demo)
Click Here to Download the Latest Simian 2.3 PRO Demo
For peace of mind, we strongly suggest that you consider a fully configured system direct from
BSI that is ready to operate out of the box (we can even pre-load a Music Library from our
While Simian 2.3 uses no proprietary hardware, just an ordinary Microsoft Windows XP professional® 32bit;, Windows 7 Professional® 32bit or 64bit, Windows 8/8.1® 32bit or 64bit, or Windows 10® 32bit or 64bit; equipped PC, it is
very important to have off-the-shelf machines configured and optimized professionally for multimedia performance and long-term reliability.
Purchasing a complete system of hardware and software from BSI means that you benefit from our years of in-house
expertise as we carefully select hardware components and then custom configure all the computers we sell for reliable and robust
These systems are built using Dell computers and include a 3-year On-Site Warranty; or we can
customize a 19" Rack Mounted solution for you using carefully selected and tested branded components.
Our recommended hardware platforms are detailed on our computer systems pages. If you are sourcing your own computers
& hardware, please ensure that all the hardware is fully compatible with the motherboard - and pay particular attention to
memory and cooling.
Pitfalls to Avoid:
We have put together a list of some of the major pitfalls to avoid when building your own system:
- Any server based operating system (including Windows 2003, 2008, 2012); our supported operating systems are Windows XP professional 32bit with SP2 or newer,
Windows 7 Professional 32bit or 64bit, Windows 8/8.1 32bit or 64bit, or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit. No other operating systems (including Windows XP Home or Media, or any of the Vista versions) are supported.
- File should be played off the LOCAL PC's hard drive, not across a network or from a file server
- A file server is neither desired nor required, may decrease performance and introduces a single point of failure. We
supply configuration instructions for a fully redundant networked system, with software file-mirroring suitable for an Air and
production system, or multiple workstations.
- Intel Celeron, Pentium, or AMD PROcessors (or emulated PCs) - use Genuine Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i series, or Xeon series or above CPUs
- SCSI or IDE drives - use SATA 6Gb/s drives for best performance; using seperate hard-drives for Windows and Audio Files can also help in a number of ways.
- Software RAID Arrays - these can be detrimental to performance, place additional requirements on your computer system, and often make it more
difficult to rebuild or restore a machine. They also do nothing to Protect against viruses or accidental deletion of files
(our Second Copy software file mirroring keeps multiple copies of deleted files safely).
- 'Cheap' or non-branded memory - make sure you use a brand recommended by your motherboard manufacturer.
1GB is enough for basic operation on Windows XP or 2GB for Windows 7 or above, but we're now fitting 4GB to 8GB as standard to the machines we supply.
- Flimsy, thin cases with little RF shielding (often consisted mainly of plastic and with poor air circulation).
A good technical ground is essential in a professional broadcast environment.
- Consumer Grade Audio Cards - Simian 2.3 requires an AudioScience 6xxx series card to enable all available features.
- Drivers or Software Updates not yet certified by BSI. Manufacturers will often make newer drivers and utilities available on their
web sites prior to them being fully tested by BSI. You can find the latest recommended drivers and utilites listed in our Support Forum.
For optimum performance, we also recommend that for music-on-hard-drive stations, two PCs be used... one for Air,
the other for production. When purchased together and configured correctly, the production license is enabled as a Hot Standby Redundant Backup
that can be used for backup Air (as well as production) use, during the validity of your Tech Care Plan. If you do not renew
your Tech Care Plan, the play decks will be disabled which will limit usage to basic production duties (including Voice Tracking)