Frequently Asked Questions
Updating Simian and other BSI software to a later version is a simple and safe process as long as the proper steps are taken.
1. Determine eligibility for upgrade. Customers with a Platinum or Gold technical support plan are eligible for free upgrades for each purchased BSI software for which a Tech Care Plan applies (usually 1 Air and 1 Production machine.) Upgrades are also available for purchase for those without a plan.
2. Run RegSave utility in case of install interruption. (See FAQ on RegSave)
3. Request Validation Codes and Download link from Validation Codes request form. There will be a red link on the right hand side of the site. If you need a link for the installer, please ensure that the box is checked next to **Simian Only**: I need a link to re-download the installer. For step 1 and 2, make sure to put the version that you are upgrading to.
4. Save the email reply that has the validation code for the newer version of Simian in your records so you always have a copy of your validation code. Save the BSI installer on a disk or drive in case you ever need to reinstall.
5. Shutdown Simian and run the installer. During the install process choose the "UPDATE" option to retain all your settings. Choosing the Full option will override all prior settings to factory default settings. Restart your machine once installation is complete.
6. Enter new validation code and all fields with asterisks in the Validation Code field under Help, Register.