Serial control 16 trigger Plus input/ 16 dry relay output device
The Broadcast Tools® SRC-16 Plus is a computer interface to the real world. Connection through an RS-232 serial port the SRC-16 can notify your PC software program that any of 16 optically isolated inputs has been opened or closed and allows your software to control sixteen SPDT, 1-amp relays. Optional external USB capabilities may be added for those users who don’t have RS-232 com ports available. The SRC-16 Plus is supplied with LED indicators to display input and relay status. Three front panel LED’s display power, serial transmit and receive data. Plug-in euroblock screw terminals are provided for ease of wire installation/removal. The half-rack chassis allows two units to be rack mounted on the optional RA-1 rack shelf.
The SRC 16 is the ideal hardware to add to BSI Simian for users who need to respond to incoming trigger closures and/or send outgoing ‘dry relay’/contact closures.
Perfect for use with multi-session Simian! For those that need a trigger/relay device for each session, multiple SRC 16 Plus devices can be utilized by configuring an SRC 16 Plus for each session.
- Digital Inputs: 16-selectable 5-24 vdc optically isolated inputs (jumper selectable. Factory default: Dry). 50ms minimum duration.
- Relay Outputs: 16-SPDT, 1amp/30vdc relays. Jumper selectable either N.O. or N.C. (factory default: N.O.)
- RS-232 Serial Port: 2400, 4800, 9600, or 38400 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (factory default: 9600)
- Display: LED’s for inputs, relays, Tx & Rx data, and power
- Inputs – Plug-in euroblock screw terminals
- Relays – Plug-in euroblock screw terminals
- RS-232 Serial Port – Female DB-9. Data flow programmable
- RS422 Serial Port – Plug-in euroblock screw terminals
- Expansion port – Two RJ45 connectors
- Logic: Flash microprocessor/Non-volatile memory
- Power: 9VAC @ 1 amp or 500mA/120VAC 50-60Hz with supplied ‘Wall Wart’ power supply
(CE, 240 VAC 50-60Hz optional)
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Mounting Option: RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to two units in 1-RU. Filler panels included with RA-1.
- USB Option: Optional external Broadcast Tools Smart USB to Serial RS-232 adapter for systems with an insufficient number of com ports.
NOTE: Mulitple units can be cascaded for more audio inputs / outputs, but Simian is only able to accept incoming triggers from Unit ID 0.
For information on installing the ACS 8.2 Plus (which triggers and relays work the same as the SRC-16 Plus’s) and interfacing it with Simian click here